Apply for Sri Lanka visa online (ETA)
You can easily apply for the visa or ETA for Sri Lanka via our application form. This process will cost you up to five minutes. The visa can only be requested for tourism. You will receive the visa within two working days from us after payment. Often you already have the visa the next working day. You can pay with Debit/Credit card, PayPal or Bank transfer. This is therefore the fastest way for you to apply for a visa for Sri Lanka. We are also accessible e-mail or telephone when you have questions about your visa application. The costs for a visa are per person. This includes consular costs
What is an "e-Visa for Sri Lanka" or an "ETA for Sri Lanka"?
The e-visa for Sri Lanka, also known as ETA for Sri Lanka, was made available by the government of Sri Lanka on 1 January 2012 as an alternative to the regular visa. This type of Sri Lanka visa can, in contrast to the regular visa, be fully requested online. The e-visa is only suitable for tourist trips. The application of your e-visa for Sri Lanka can easily be done via this website. You do not have to go to the embassy for this.
Sri Lanka urgent visa
Are you traveling to Sri Lanka on a (very) short term and have not applied for a visa yet? Then you can apply for your visa for Sri Lanka urgently. On the application form, tick the box 'rush (15 min)'. We will process your application urgently and often deliver your visa within 15 minutes. Your urgent request will be treated 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. An emergency visa for Sri Lanka costs only £5 per person extra.
Visa requirements for Sri Lanka (ETA)
The following conditions apply to the e-visa for Sri Lanka:
- Your passport must be valid for at least six months on arrival.
- You must have a return or flight.
- You must be able to prove that you have sufficient financial means to pay for your stay in Sri Lanka.
- You must not be in Sri Lanka if you apply for an ETA.
- The e-visa is only valid for tourism.
- The e-visa for Sri Lanka is valid for 180 days from the date of issue. You can stay in Sri Lanka for up to 30 days during this period.
- It is a double entry visa, which means that you can enter the country twice. Please note that you have to enter and leave Sri Lanka for the second time within 30 days after the first time.
- You can extend your visa on the spot at an immigration office (for a fee) up to a maximum of 6 months.
If you do not meet these conditions, we refer you to the embassy for applying for your visa.
Overview of the application procedure
- Make sure you have your passport at hand. For the validity of your visa it is important that you take the data exactly from your passport.
- Complete the application form on this website. On the right side you will find an explanation for some questions, read this information carefully. If you are traveling with more than one person, you can click on the 'add traveler' button at the bottom of the form. New entry fields will open where you can fill in the details of the next traveler. If you have any questions about the application form, we will be happy to answer it. We can be contacted by phone and by e-mail on a daily basis.
- After completing the application form, click the 'check request' button. You will then be directed to the payment page. On this page you can safely pay online. There is no need to have a credit card. You can pay with iDeal, Bancontact or by bank transfer. Please note that if you opt for a bank transfer it will take 1 to 2 business days before we receive your payment and process your request.
- After your application has been completed, you will receive a confirmation e-mail from us. We ask you to check your details again here.
- We will process your application. We check these for the most common mistakes and submit them in Sri Lanka.
- You will receive your visa from us by e-mail. Often the same day, but at least within 72 hours. You can print the visa and take it with you on a trip.
In connection with the validity of the visa, we will request these 90 days for the arrival date you have specified. You can already submit your application to us before. We save your data and submit the application as soon as possible.
The visa is also available via www.eta.gov.lk , the costs here are $ 35. You have to pay here with creditcard.
For whom is a visa for Sri Lanka mandatory?
Sri Lanka has a visa requirement, which means that you need a visa to visit the country to enter. UK nationals traveling to Sri Lanka with a tourist purpose can apply for the e-visa for Sri Lanka (ETA). Do you have another nationality and do you want to know whether you are also eligible for this e-visa? Please contact us.
The delivery and delivery time of a visa for Sri Lanka
We always provide visa for Sri Lanka as quickly as possible. We will process your application immediately upon receipt of your details and your payment. The assessment of the application is done by the government of Sri Lanka. They usually issue the visa the same or the next day and at the latest within 72 hours. Immediately after receiving your visa, we will send it to you by e-mail.
Payment and invoice
The costs for an e-Visa (ETA) for Sri Lanka are per person. You can easily fulfill your payment with Debit/Credit card, PayPal and payment by bank transfer is also possible. In that case it will take 2 to 3 working days before we receive your payment and take it into consideration. Read all about the price breakdown here.If you wish to receive an invoice from your visa application, you can send an e-mail with your application number to our contact address . We will send you your invoice digitally.
Important information about traveling with children
If you are traveling with underage children, you must take into account a number of extra rules. Children must have their own travel document and may no longer be registered in the passport of the parents. Taking a child without the parents permission is child abduction. Are you traveling abroad with a child about whom you jointly have the authority or over which you have no authority?
The UK Government has created a page which can be used in order to find out what is required so that you have permission from the persons who have the authority over the child to travel abroad with the child.